NEIDPATH CASTLE PEEBLES

From about 1200 the Lords of the castle were a family of Frasers, of whom the last, a compatriot of William Wallace, Sir Simon Fraser “The Patriot”, defeated the English Armies three times in one day at Roslin, 15 miles north of Neidpath. The Lordship went, with his daughter Mary, to the Hay Family in 1312. It's been in Douglas hands and the to Earl of Wemyss, is the present owner, who has opened it to the public, May 1st to September 30th and there is a good car park and it to be found on the outskirts of Peebles. For opening times Tel: +44 (0)1721 720 333 Fax: +44 (0)1721 720 333. Thanks to Anne Fraser for the photograph.

NEXT PAGE LAST PAGE BACK TO TOP